Thursday, May 1, 2008

New toys...



Well my new purchases finally came this week and I'm very excited about it. The laptop comes in handy when the internet goes down all the time on my desktop computer so then I can just run upstairs and use the laptop. I'm not going to lie, I've already had a few problems with the laptop since I got it on Tuesday. One of the programs that was pre-installed on it wasn't done properly and then I couldn't uninstall it because it was stuck. I talked to Trend Micro, the company that made the program, and they told me something to do and I did it but it didn't change anything. And then I called Dell...and I was on the phone with them for over an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with it. Eventually we just had to reformat it and uninstall the program then. Luckily I hadn't really added anything on to it then so I didn't mind...just as long as it was working. Then today I got an error message saying that the version of Trend Micro that was intalled on the computer wasn't compatible with Windows Vista the way it's current set up so I had to install an update and now it works just fine. Here's a picture of the beauty...




And remember I also bought a bed last week, well that came this morning and it's HUGE! I've never had a queen size bed before...well other than the air mattress I've been sleeping on but it's wonderful. They came and delivered it this morning and got it all set up for me and everything...however, the hard part was trying to put the bed skirt on without having to take the mattress off the box spring. I did get it all done and set up and think it looks rather nice. It's a little taller than I expected it would be so that means I'll have to wait until June or July or even August when hopefully I can get the rest of my furniture from home including my nightstand that will be taller than the dresser I currently have set up next to the bed. I'll post a picture of what it looked like before...and then after...and the last picture is of the dent in the side that made the headboard $600 cheaper...

And I also need to figure out what to do with my Venice picture...there just isn't enough room on the walls I guess...
See the dent isn't too bad, I'll just buy a wood marker and cover up the discoloration. Anyway, I also heard back from one of the job interviews that I went in for last week...and I'm going in for a working interview today at 5:30-7pm. It will be interesting I'm sure it's with Mountainland Rehab and the hours are MWF 7-3 and TTH from 11-7. So I hope that I get the job but we'll have to wait and see. Anyway, I think that's it for now. It's snowing pretty hard outside right now and it's May...isn't this supposed to be the month of May Flowers? Oh well...hopefully the snow goes away soon. And I don't think that I have anything else to update you on but just wanted to post some pictures of the new stuff...I'll talk to you all later!

No comments: