Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What do a leaky hose, IHOP, wiffle ball, picnics and football have in common...just my last week

Well, it's been about a week so I figured that I would update you all on what had happened with the carpet and everything. Monday night I called our landlord, Marty, and told him about the flooding that had happened. He came over and took a look at it, he thinks that when we turned on the water the hose had leaked and made it's way down to the bottom of the foundation and seeped in through some cracks. He went out and bought us two box fans and set them up and told me that I should rotate them throughout the room and he'll come back on Thursday to check on the status of it. Well by Wednesday night the whole room was dry but it still smells kind of funny. On Thursday he came by and said that if I notice anything to let him know and he'll have someone come out and clean the carpet. I've been spraying Fabreeze every night on the floor so hopefully that will help out. I'll let you know.

On Friday night Eden had arranged with her sister to have a sleepover with her nephew Zachary. I was happy to come along when she told me that we were going to IHOP (I love that place), we didn't get there until about 7:30 so I think that might be the best time to go since there wasn't anyone there. I got the usual...french toast with a side of hash browns...I'm sorry Kevin, I almost branched out and got the corn cakes but the french toast sounded so good. And on Saturday morning we went to a park in Murray across the street from the high school to play some Wiffle Ball and soccer so that was fun. And on Saturday night I went with Eden to see Iron Man with a friend of hers that unexpectedly brought his three other roommates along with him so she wanted me to come to even it out. I thought that it was a good movie, I really liked the music in it but the strangest thing about the movie theater we were at was that it was reserved seating only. I have never been to a movie theater that told you to pick your seat before you go in the theater, but it was pretty cool. After leaving the theater Eden and I came back home and watched PS I LOVE YOU, it was alright but I don't remember crying or anything...sorry Brittany.

On Sunday we had invited Brittany and Clay over for a picnic and it turned out rather well. We had bought croissants and made our own chicken salad to put in it with grapes, lemon rotisserie chicken, almond slivers and mayo. And we had chips, pasta salad, and orange soda and Brittany had brought cake mix cookies for dessert. We went to the same park we went to on Saturday and surprisingly there were more people there on Sunday than there were on Saturday. After eating we decided to play a little wiffle ball but the bat that I had bought was too flimsy and when Clay got up to bat he bent it...but he straightened it out again. Then the next time he swung he broke the ball in half...so there was the end of that game. I had bought a set of six just in case this happened but for some reason I didn't have it with me. After we got home we watched Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade...I love that movie and I'm looking forward to seeing the one that comes out this weekend.

Last night we went to FHE which was a Stake BBQ and there were so many people there that it was hard to meet people. We had just eaten and were on our way out when we were stopped by someone in our ward and he introduced us to someone else that was walking by...I don't think he knew him but we all had to wear name tags so it was easy to know peoples names. After talking to them they wanted us to toss the football around with them. They brought out a real size football which I'm not use to throwing, I prefer the nerf balls because I can through them farther. I think my family would be surprised to learn that I actually caught the ball nearly every time...but the throwing was the hard part. We were all probably 15-20 ft away but I should take a picture of my right wrist, there are a bunch of red marks all over, it's interesting looking. And my thumb feels like it's out of place but it will heal.

Well, I don't think I have anything else to report, I've had a huge headache since last night so I worry that my sentences in this blog aren't making any sense. This weekend we were thinking of going camping with Brittany and Clay but now I'm not so sure since there will be so many people on the road...maybe we could just camp out in the backyard or something. I'll let you know, I'll talk to you all later...

1 comment:

B said...

I noticed you posted this yesterday so I forgive you. We are so going camping this weekend regardless of the rain. It'll be fun! And sorry Clay is too strong for your games. He breaks a lot of our things too.