Saturday, April 26, 2008

Buyers Remorse?

With the stimulus checks coming out next week I felt like I was justified in making a few purchases but I'm starting to feel the pain already. Two weeks ago I purchased a laptop computer that I thought would come in handy when I'm away from home or when I just don't want to be cooped up in my bedroom. I'm excited for the laptop but the price is what killed me...again the stimulus check was my only hope of seeing some of that money back. And then I did the unthinkable today...I went out and bought a bed. Don't ask me why I would do such a thing when I've been sleeping on a perfectly comfortable air mattress. I just wanted to see what was out there that was cheap. I've been looking at bed's for quite a while but hadn't found one that I really liked.

I went to the RC Willey Outlet store in West Jordan this morning thinking that maybe I'll find something cheap there that would coincide with my budget. Last time Eden and I went to RC Willey we stood around for about 15 minutes for someone to come help us purchase her mattress...After walking through those front doors I was met by a very nice elderly woman welcoming everyone into the store...behind her were about 10 salesmen waiting for their next commission. I found a section of beds and was lucky to be able to walk around in peace until I made my second trip through the headboards and was stopped by a salesman who wanted to know if he could help me find anything. I said I was just looking but I felt bad and asked him a question about the headboards and railings...I kind of already knew the answer to this question but I thought that I would give him a chance to show me what he knew about it. I looked at a few and wasn't convinced that those were right for me. Then he took me to the scratch and dent section of the store...much cheaper and more my price range. We looked through a lot of those headboards most of which were already sold. We kept looking and found a very nice leatherish headboard in a queen and it had one scratch on the side but you couldn't tell. Here is a picture of what the headboard looks like...now keep in mind this isn't my bed...I just stole it from a website to show what it would like. And it was below my budget for a headboard, and he threw in the rails for free...which I liked the sound of.

The only issue was that I had no way to take this headboard home, at least not in my car. So I'm having them deliver it and it will be here by Thursday this week. Then Ron, the salesman, pulled another fast one by asking if I had a matress and box spring for the bed...I hadn't even thought about that part of it yet. I know that I thought about it but I don't think I was planning on buying one right then and there. He showed me the mattresses that were cheapest...$400, $500 and had me lay on all 5 of them to find out which one felt the best to me...And luckily the cheapest one felt the best so I bought that one too. I figured that the stimulus checks are coming a week earlier so I have money to spend on this. However, because of that laptop I'm back where I started but with cooler stuff. So both of these items will be delivered next Thursday and Ron is getting a commission off of this so he must be happy.

So, now I'm officially getting a bed and my room will look complete but then there is the issue of spending money without having an income to replenish my checking account. I'm working on that part of it, I've had three job interviews this week. One of them was in West Jordan at a Physical Therapy office where it would be kind of like what I did at the Medford Medical Clinic but with added responsibility, it'd be an office manager job. Then I had an interview at Kirkham & Friends and I didn't even want to go to that job interview because it was so far away...plus it was snowing on my way there so that put a damper on things too. Anyway, I interviewed with the owners sons and they were really nice guys and we kind of just talked for awhile and they asked a few questions. This job seems a little more relaxed, almost like the job I had at Rogue Valley Home Loans, answering phone calls and helping out where needed. And then I had another interview with the same Physical Therapy office but this one was in Murray. It's a much smaller office but just as busy as the other one. They were nice but I was tag teamed as they brought in several people to interview me to see how I dealt with the pressure. I'd like to say that all of these interviews went well but you never know until you get a call back from them. All of them said that they would call me next week regardless so I hope that for my beds sake that I actually will get one of these jobs...otherwise, I'll just have to keep on looking. I'll keep you posted...

No comments: