Monday, May 5, 2008

David Beckham...

This weekend wasn't a very good one in some respects. On Friday night around 9:30 Eden and I were heading out to go catch a movie at the Dollar theater and while I was backing up and talking to her I didn't notice how close I was to Eden's car parked across the street...and I backed into it. I didn't hit it very hard but we just thought maybe it was a scratch and went to see the movie. Saturday morning Eden went outside to check out the damage and it was worse than we had thought. In the front drivers side wheel well there is a noticeable dent. So she called her insurance and I called mine to report the claim. Her car is still driveable but still...I can't believe that I did that, my first accident in my car and then what do I do..I was backing out of the driveway not paying attention. So she has forgiven me but the claims adjuster wants to come out and inspect the damage today. My car is perfectly fine though, no dent, just a scratch on my rear right bumper.

So that took most of the afternoon to get taken care of and that evening we had decided that we are going to go to our first professional soccer game. Salt Lake Real vs LA Galaxy...which has a certain celebrity on their team, David Beckham. We didn't have tickets so we needed to go to the ticket office to purchase first. We got to Rice Eccles Stadium (University of Utah stadium) and drove around for awhile trying to find a place to park. We found free parking and parked there but had to walk the rest of the way to the stadium. When we got to the ticket office there were still tickets left and we were relieved to hear it...and we got tickets to the bleacher section. We hadn't eaten anything yet so we thought we'd try to walk around to find something to eat off campus that would be cheaper. We didn't find anything after walking a few blocks so we turned around and decided to just go in and look at the food in the stadium. On our way to our seats we found one that was serving hamburgers and chips for $5 so we went with that. Once we got our food we were walking around trying to find our seats only to find that we were in the very last row of that section and in the middle. Oh well, it wasn't too high up on that side so we were ok. There were a few people practicing on the field and we were curious but decided to get some water first. When we came back all the members of LA Galaxy were out there practicing so we ran down to the bottom level so we could be right next to the field and took quite a few pictures and a video. I am so glad that I have a good zoom on my camera, otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell that it was him in the pictures,,,

We like to think that he was looking at us in this picture...

So there you have it, my first encounter with a celebrity. Unfortunately the game was tied 2-2 so a lot of people were upset but it was still a lot of fun. And though parked far away from the stadium we didn't have to worry about bumper to bumper traffic so that was wonderful...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not only was the final score 2-2, but Beckham scored both goals for the Galaxy, his first multi-goal game since coming to the US.