Thursday, September 25, 2008

Heather is officially entering the workforce!!! Again!!!

This summer has been great but it has also been a little trying given the fact that I have been unemployed since the end of March. However, I prefer to save money than to spend money but ever since March that is all I have been doing. The money situation started to weigh on me a few weeks ago and so I decided to do something about it. I had decided that I would go into Express Personnel and see what would happen. I went through them 3 years ago right after I graduated from college and I was with the Medford Medical Clinic ever since so I figured that they might be able to help me with the current situation at hand. I walked in last Friday and did the application and the multiple tests and when I was in for the interview it was mentioned that they were looking for a front desk receptionist at their office if I was interested...which I was, since it was an opportunity to make money. So he said that he would be in touch when the branch manager came from vacation. So this Monday I got the call asking if I could come in later that day for the interview and so I met with Christine for about 45 minutes on Monday and she said that she would like me to come in for a second interview with the owner and she'd call me to let me know when that would be. I waited all day Tuesday for a call but nothing came, so I waited all day on Wednesday and finally at 3:45pm I got the call that they wanted me to come in on Thursday for the second interview so I set the time for 11:30. I was so nervous this morning but I got there on time and waited about 15 minutes for them to take me back for the interview. I ended up meeting with the owner and the branch manager for about 15 minutes and then they told me that they would be in contact later that day or on Friday but they were talking to other candidates and they'll let me what is going with that. So I walked away feeling even more nervous just waiting for them to call me back to let me know the news. I went down to visit with Brittany and Clay so that she could help me with my bridal bouquet (Great Job, Brittany!) and it was during that time that I got the call from Christine. "We have been talking it over the past couple of hours and we have come to a decision and that decision is....that you are the best candidate for the job" I was so excited, they asked me to start on Monday and they will be paying me $11.00 an hour which is great. It is professional attire so I will probably have to go and buy some more works clothes, oh well.

Last week I posted about that Sky Harbor loft that we really like but when we took in our application and paid the fees we found out that they had raised the prices about $70 so we decided not to take that one. Another apartment that we liked was Alta Pines and this one was 860 sq ft for $575 and we really liked the landlord so we started filling out the application and today we found out that the apartment she had told us would be available won't be after all since the current tenent decided to keep her current lease for another year. So we are going back to trying to find a place to live but now with my added paycheck it might make it easier to find a place in a better neighborhood or just a nicer place in general. Anyway, I think that is all that I have for now but I guess I will write more later...

2 comments:

Smith family said...

Congratulations Heather! "Express Medical Clinic, This is Heather."
Oh yes, I can hear it now...

C said...

Yay Heather! Sounds like a great job. Loved your engagement pics. Can't wait to see you!

Love,
C