Monday, September 8, 2008

Busy days ahead...

Hey everyone!
I know that it has been awhile since I've updated (thanks Brittany for pointing that out). On Aug. 30 Jason and I went up to Preston, Idaho for his cousins wedding. It was nice to meet with more of his family and he apparently had kept the engagement a secret to his extended family until he could introduce me in person. I like to think that they liked me, but then again who wouldn't? (That was rhetorical, so I better not get any comments on that). We were only there for a few hours before heading back down to Provo for the BYU football game. We were making good time until we hit Pleasant Grove and then the traffic started which was not fun to get through. It took us about 45 minutes to get to the stadium from there...plus we had to walk about 2 miles to get to the stadium...parking was atrocious. We missed kickoff but that's ok, it was pretty warm out there and after walking 2 miles it wasn't feeling too good. Oh well! It was a great game and it was Jason's first college football game and he enjoyed it a lot. One thing we did find out that day was that our wedding...is the same day as the biggest rivalry game BYU vs UTAH...so hopefully people will still come to the wedding. Dad even thought maybe we could have a tailgate party or something and watch the game at the reception, Jason liked the idea but I'm still not sure how I feel about it. He's still trying to sell me on it we could have the colors be blue and red and have a football cake and cook hamburgers and hotdogs and nachos and candy...Yeah, it sounds good and all but that will cost a lot of money and frankly I'm not willing to spend that much. We'll see how it goes but I'm kind of hoping that I get my way on this...if not, I'll compromise and we can set up a room at the church for the game or something.

This past week hasn't been too eventful, we did go apartment shopping on Wednesday and we had 19 places on our list that we wanted to check out. Four of them we scratched off just by driving through the neighborhood (gang members, scary people...you know the usual). I think the first one we saw was our favorite, it had a nice layout and were really nice looking apartments. It ranges from 600-675 a month with most utilities paid but we would be responsible for heat and electricity. We looked it up on apartmentreview.com and there were a lot of complaints about the managment and one about the neighborhood but you can never tell if the people that write on these things are just bitter or not. There were a few that the management seemed nice but they didn't have any apartments for us to look at. So we will have to go back to see if we like those ones or not. I'll keep you updated as we go along. Other than that I don't have anything else to add to this blog. I'll talk to you later...

No comments: