Saturday, October 11, 2008

I am a slacker...

I just have to say that these past two weeks have really flown by, I didn't even realize that I had been a slacker and didn't write anything on my blog. I hope that you all can forgive me. Jason and I had engagement photos taken, his brother Daniel did them and did some really amazing things. Here are a few of them, if anyone is interested his website is: http://www.thruthelensphotography-thruthelens.blogspot.com/






Basically, I have just been working and finally making some money instead of spending it. I have to tell you that it feels pretty good to be getting a paycheck again. However, I'm starting to think that maybe I should have asked for more money since I am basically running this place...ok not really, but sometimes it feels that way. I sit behind the front desk and answer telephone calls, greet job applicants, get them started on the application, once they are done I have to enter the application and other information into the computer. Then I have to get them ready for an interview with a staffing consultant. Sometimes the whole process takes about 1.5-2 hours to complete, but in between that I am filing, verifying employment, and verifying that people are legal to work in the US. Yep, it's a busy job and I don't get to take many breaks, when I do get to it's sitting at the front desk answering phone calls and completing my online training.

First off, while I am typing this blog I am becoming increasingly annoyed at my laptop computer because my hand brushes against the mouse while I am typing and it moves the cursor to another area on the screen and starts typing there...it's just really annoying, I probably could have been done now if it weren't for having to go back and delete what I wrote and place it elsewhere. AND yes, I know that I can cut and paste.

Mom and Dad came out last weekend for General Conference and it was really great seeing them again. Friday night Jason and I drove up to Salt Lake City to pick them at the hotel that my Uncle Joe and Aunt Kelly were staying at and drove them down to Orem where they would be staying with my sister Brittany. When we got there Brittany, who is pregnant, had to be taken to the hospital since she had had a fever all day. You can read more about it on her blog if you want but while they were gone Jason, Dad and I watched TV before deciding to buy stuff for our ANNUAL GENERAL CONFERENCE BREAKFAST (Thanks to Kevin and Nicole for starting this tradition!) We waited a l ittle while at Brittany's house just in case they came back and could tell us what happened but at Brittany's apartment complex they put a boot on your car if you don't have a permit to park there overnight and it was getting close to midnight which is usually when they do the booting.

Saturday morning Jason came to pick me up and we headed back down to Orem to watch General Conference and to start making breakfast. After the first session of Conference Mom, Dad, Brittany and I took off for Wal-Mart and the Distribution Center for a few items. It was funny though at the Distribution Center because when we had to sustain people everyone would stop what they were doing and raise their hand and then they would go back to what they were doing before. Even during the prayer everyone would stop where they were and close their eyes and fold their arms. I mean, where else would you see that? After that session Dad took us all to Applebees for dinner and that was great! And then the boys took off for Priesthood session while Mom, Brittany and I stayed home and watched Sleepless in Seattle. Then on Sunday morning we had tickets to the Sunday morning session with my family and ended up walking 4 blocks in the pouring down rain...I didn't even think about bringing an umbrella with me. It was a great session and got to meet up with the Zimmer's and Woodley's again. Then we walked back to Clay and Brittany's car for lunch, they had brought us all sandwiches. We went to the afternoon session in tthe Joseph Smith Memorial Building for the afternoon session and the seats were more comfortable too. After that I said goodbye to Mom & Dad, but only for a month.

On Thursday night Brittany, Clay, Jason and I went to the Haunted Forest in American Fork and it was a lot of fun. Brittany took pictures and I'll post some of them in a minute but I have to say I had never been through a haunted maze before but I'd love to go to another one. When we first walked in there was someone dressed up like Michael Myers from the Halloween movies and he went right up to Brittany and tried to scare her but then he realized he had easier targets in the girls standing across from us. I was lucky to have Jason there because he would walk first in line and look around if there were any people standing around waiting to scare us and I realized that if I kept pace with him and sidled up to his right side and walked by nonchalantly that the people didn't even know I was there. That only worked sometimes though. When we walked through pitch black places Brittany would grab onto my arm and then I'd feel a tightening on my other arm only to notice when we hit light again that it was Clay. It was a lot of fun and lucky to have made it out alive. Jason hit his head a few times on low ceilings but I think he'll be ok. I will admit that I screamed twice and I didn't mean to but I got scared ok... One time we were walking through and "Freddy Krueger" hit a barrel of some sort and it made a loud bang that scared me and I actually stabbed Jason in the hand with my fingernail (don't worry, I didn't cause permanent damage). All in all it was a great night. Last night (Friday) we were going to go to Frightmares at Lagoon but after eating dinner we looked up and there were thick rain clouds heading that direction and it was freezing cold outside so we decided to wait until next week or the week after when we can go through again. Hopefully the weather will be better then and then we won't mind standing in line that long. Well I guess that is all that I have for now, I'll end it with pictures that Brittany took. Love you all,




2 comments:

Unknown said...

1) How do you check if they're legal to work in the US? This discussion will probably bore most people so you can just email or call.

2) Some laptops let you set your touchpad so that it is disabled while you are typing. It has never been an issue for me, but it sounds like it would be helpful to you.

Krista said...

Your pictures are so beautiful! You guys look great together!