Monday, September 15, 2008

I finally got to see Colors!!!

For the past 5 years I have regretted not going to Provo in 2002 to see the last performance of one of my favorite LDS bands, Colors. I didn't make it down then because my roommate didn't have the money to come with me and I didn't want to go on the bus by myself and I've felt like an idiot ever since. Even though Kevin and Nicole did get me their autograph that night, I've still regretted not being there. As fate would have it, they have gathered together one time a year to put on a concert. Last year I wanted to go but the day of the concert I was more than happy to be in London but this year I finally got to see them play and it was AWESOME! I'll tell you all about it in a minute but first, let me update you on everything else last week.

To be honest, there wasn't a whole lot that happened leading up to Saturday but on Thursday Jason and I went to check out some of the other apartments we didn't get around to the week before. We went to one that was kind of in a scary neighborhood so it was one of those we drive through the lot to check it out and promplty leave. The next one that we saw was our favorite. It's called Sky Harbor Apartments and it's near the airport but it's really nice. We drove through the parking lot and found cars that are a lot newer and more expensive than ours so we felt like our cars would be safe there. So we decided to go inside and check it out. We looked at the one bedroom first but it just seemed really small but right next door was the loft and that's the one that we are looking into. If anyone wants to see the place go here: http://www.apartmentguide.com/apartments/Utah/Salt-Lake-City/Sky-Harbor-Apartments/PropertyOverview.aspx?listingid=13052


This is just the floorplan but it has lots of cabinets in the kitchen and countertops which is what we wanted. Our favorite part is that it is $560 a month which is much less than the other apartment at the top of our list. Also they have one that will be available on November 15 so that will be perfect. We'll be able to move in our stuff on the 15th and then head off to Medford for the wedding so then we don't have to worry about moving the big stuff afterwards. On Friday, I went down to Orem to visit with Brittany, Clay and cousin Rachael, her husband Tyler and their son Jacob. It was nice to see them since I haven't seen them since I left Rexburg in 2005 the rest of the time was spent watching the movie Rocky with Clay and a little Will Ferrel SNL. Also this past week I have become obsessed with a show that my parents introduced me to. It's called Burn Notice on USA Network and it's just really interesting. They brought out copies of the shows for me to watch and I watched a few on my own and then Jason watched one halfway through and now he can't get enough of it either. I finished the DVD's on Friday but now we are having to go back to watch the first season since Jason missed all of those, but I'm ok with watching it again.


Saturday was the Colors concert so after Jason got off work we waited for Brittany and Clay to head up to Midvale so that we could go to dinner. We went to Chilis and then headed for the Sandy Ampitheater for the concert. It was outdoors and a little chilly but at least it wasn't raining or anything. They played a lot of my favorite songs and then a few more that I hadn't heard before. It was a lot of fun although where we were sitting we had the bars from the stairs in our way at times and people ended up parking in front of us but they left and went more towards the middle so it made it easier to see.


Sunday was our Regional Stake Conference and because I'm here in Salt Lake it was held at the Conference Center and broadcasted to several other places. We were on the plaza level and to the left of the podium but it was just really nice to be in there. We heard from Elder Richard G. Hinckley, Cheryl C. Lant, M. Russell Ballard and of course, President Thomas S. Monson. They were all really great talks and I got a lot out of it. The bad thing is coming out of there and having to deal with the traffic just walking back to the car but we were lucky enough to park somewhere where the traffic wouldn't be so bad to get back on the freeway. I don't think that I have anything else really to report but as always, I'll keep you updated on what's going on. Talk to you all later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.