Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm Engaged!




Wow this is a first...two posts in two days. I just wanted to update you all on what happened last night...Jason proposed to me last night. So here is how he did it: He told me on Monday night that he worked from 7-3 yesterday and that he would be over right after work which is usual. It normally takes him about twenty minutes to get to my house from where he works so when he didn't show up after an hour I started to get a little worried but I was thinking it was possible that he might be setting something up so there was that. Then I called him after an hour and a half to find out what was going on and he told me that he was on his way and that his brother was making dinner and rented some movies and then I had to tell him that Mom, Dad, Clay, and Brittany wanted to have a BBQ and I already bought salads for it and they wanted to do some Jason trials. So he naturally agreed with me and we went down to Orem for dinner and to play the candy bar game...I told him that we could leave around 9pm so then we could be back at his place to watch the movie. So at 9 we headed back to his place and he was getting all giddy and dancing when there was no music which I thought was kind of unusual. Then we went inside and there was a telescope sitting in their living room that needed to be put together but Daniel (his brother) told me that their roommate Brent borrowed it from someone now that he is a star buff. Brent is a little lazy sometimes and they said that if they didn't put it together then it was going to stay out in living room for the next two weeks and just sit there. So we tried putting it together but there were no instructions so while Jason messed around with it I got on his computer and tried to find a manual of some sort. Luckily, Jason actually figured it out himself after a lot of trial and error and then he and his brother took it outside to test it. We couldn't see a thing at first and couldn't figure out how to work it so I went inside and was reading the manual for the how to and Jason and Daniel were outside playing with it..or so I thought. Daniel told us that we might not be seeing the stars because it was too bright with the city lights and everything so we should go to Wheeler Farm and try it there since it is on the edge of the city. Right then his roommate Brent came home and Jason asked him if he could take it and check it out which he agreed with. So we went to Wheeleer Farm and pulled over on the side of the road there and set up the telescope and tried finding the north star in the cross hairs of the eyepiece but because it was too bright that way because of city lights we decided to turn it around and look towards the East where there weren't as many lights. There are little cables on the sides that if you twist it you can move the telescope a little left or right on one side and if you twist the other one you can move it up and down so he told me to look through the lens and see if I could get a star cluster in there and he would twist the cables to my directions. I found a cluster but couldn't really see anything through the telescope part so we tried another cluster. The second cluster I was telling left, left, down, down, a little up and saw a few stars in the telescope part but they weren't very clear so he asked me if I saw anything sparkly and I said I saw something but its not very bright and I kept telling him down, down, right and then I actually got them all in there and they were clear and then he asked me "Do you see anything sparkly now?" At that moment he touched my leg or tugged on the jacket I had on and he was holding the ring in his hand. "Heather Renee, will you marry me?" So I told him Yes! Little did I know that he borrowed the telescope from a friend and he was late coming over because he was trying to set it up before. We are planning the wedding for November 22 so hopefully that works for everyone and we'll be able to have all of our family there. Just wanted to let you know.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay!! That is so sweet! Good story! And congratulations!

Zimmer Mom and Pop said...

Sweet! We are very happy for you and very excited to have another Jason in the family! Looking forward to November!
Love ya,
Zimmer clan