Monday, August 4, 2008

It's official, I'm a nerd

Let's start where we left off last time...Sunday I went down to Brittany and Clay's for dinner and Jason was going to meet me down there after he got off work. Brittny had made chicken and mashed potatoes and corn and it was delicious! They had purchased a Guitar Hero game for their newly acquired playstation 2 so most of the time had been spent playing that...let's just say I'm not that good at it but I guess that practice makes perfect. I was glad to find out that you don't need to know how to play the guitar in order to play it because that would just be lame. Mom and Dad, you are going to have fun playing that I'm sure when you come out.

Ok, I know that I'm not exactly a nerd but after this past week I guess that you could call me one. Everyday that I was with Jason we were over at his house(simply because he has air conditiong and I don't) watching episodes of Dragon Ball Z. I don't exactly know how to explain it but it's Japanese Anime that started in the early nineties and it has a compelling story but I used to secretly make fun of people that watched that kind of stuff but now I had to eat my words because it does get addicting. He just has the first season and a little bit of the second so we had to stop after that but this Friday he bought the third season so maybe I'll get to find out what happens...man, I am a nerd.

On Wednesday Jason and I had made plans to make a BBQ Roast Sandwich and I can just say that it was delicious. We just used my crock pot and bought a roast and addes the BBQ Sauce and a few other seasonings and it was so tender and delicious. It kind of tasted like the Gary R West Beef Jerky that I've grown up my whole life but not that dry...it was moist of course. Later that evening his brother wanted to go to the Great Salt Lake to take some pictures. He's a photographer and just likes practicing different things. He did a lot of silhouette photos since the sun was going down so you can just see these dark shapes doing weird things...we were posing of course but it was a lot of fun. I have to say that the thing that you notice the most of the lake is the overwhelming stench, WOW! It smelt so bad and then there were a lot of flies and other flying creatures all over the place but the water was so warm. We were able to walk out into the water quite a ways without it going above the knee...However, the sand was so soft in some spots that you would kind of just sink in a little lower than I was expecting so my pants did get a little wet but not much. After the sun went down that's when we were attacked by the mosquitos so Jason and I got out of there really quick while his brother took a few more pictures but we didn't escape unharmed. I got one mosquito bit on my ankle while Jason had 4 all down his left leg and a few on his arms.

On Thursday night I went to cheer Jason on at his Softball game. All of the elder's quorums in the stake play against each other every Thursday night and it's kind of fun to watch. They did a lot better this week than they did the week before. Last week they were beat by about 20 runs or so...this week they actually won. On Friday, Jason had the day off so we went to the Gateway Mall since there was a Famous Footwear there and he got a discount and one of his coworkers was just transferred to that store so he got to see her and buy some new shoes. He bought me a pair of shoes too so that was nice. I like to count it as an early birthday present but I think he was paying me back for something I had bought him earlier that day...we were at the gas station to get some gas and he was almost on empty and he didn't realize that his card had expired the day before, so I bought him some gas so that we could get back to his house to pick up his new card.

Saturday the new Breaking Dawn came out so I went to Barnes and Noble to pick it up around 12:00pm and I didn't stop reading until around 6 when Jason came over after work. So again, this is another part of the nerd in me. That book is so addicting, it's definately different then I was expecting but I am enjoying it. It's nice that both Brittany and Eden are at exactly the same place that I am so that makes it easier so I at least have some people to talk to about it. It's nice to just throw just theories out there to see if people feel the same way that I do.

I don't have a whole lot else to say for now so I guess I'll get off of here and go back to the book that has been taking me away from common sense for awhile.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

DragonBall Z was HUGE in Mexico while I was there. I actually had a sticker of Goku on the back of my tag bc the kids loved it when I showed them that.

And at the end of your book? Everybody dies.

Amanda said...

hahaha!! Look, Kev's as big a nerd as you so at least you aren't alone!!
Let's not go dredging up the past, but I am pretty sure I was a big nerd (Newsies!) and am a big nerd with you now (Twilight).
I miss Edward already!