Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A little delayed...

The past couple of weeks have been slow moving but I figured I'd still try and update on what has happened. Jason's Birthday was on August 9 and his brother had made plans to go 4-wheeling and I'll be honest, I was extremely nervous. However, the Thursday before he injured his shoulder playing Softball and couldn't even really turn it or anything so I guess you could say I got lucky. Basically the day consisted of watching TV and eating a pizza from The Pie...he just wanted to take it easy. On my Birthday, August 11, Jason and I had met up with Brittany and Clay who took us The Mayan for lunch. We had a good time eating and watching the divers jump into the water and since it was my birthday we were kind of hoping for a free dessert of some sort but they said they only did that for 12 years old and younger...I do not agree with this policy. The waitress said that she could have the divers come over and talk to me though and Clay was all for it but I didn't really like the idea of being up close and personal with the people in speedos. Luckily they came out long enough to say hi in gibberish and were making cave man signs and grunts when Clay told them it was my birthday...very interesting. Then Jason had to take off for work and Brittany and Clay left to go back home but I was to meet up with them later for dinner. I waited for Eden to get home from work and then we took off for Orem to eat Chicken Curry...one of my favorite meals and it tasted so good. And I got to talk to my parents and siblings on the phone, I even got serenaded with some music from Celtic Thunder my nieces (they are so cute). Brittany even made me my favorite cake, Angel Food Cake...mmmm.

On Tuesday morning I had to go down to Provo to wait in line to buy tickets to the first BYU football game of the season for when my parents come out. Jason and I got there around 8:30 and ended up being the 8th person in line and I heard people in line talking about the games they were going to. The BYU vs UCLA game only had the very top row of the endzone left and they were individual seats. We were lucky enough to be going to the cheapest game and the one with the most seats available. So come this Saturday we will be watching the BYU vs Northern Iowa game in person with my parents, Brittany and Clay, and my Aunt Jackie and Uncle Gary it will be so much fun! However, Jason has a cousin that is getting married that morning so we will be heading up to Preston, Idaho for the wedding that morning and will have to book it back down to Provo to make it in time for kick off..it should be a fun day!

This past week after looking at my bank account decided to start the job search again. I sent in one resume to a place in Murray on Wednesday because I figured that I would just start off slow and see where it goes. I finally got a call from them on Friday and they asked me to come in for an interview that afternoon. It was at Intermountain Stroke Center and right around the corner from where Jason lives so if I do get the job I have a place to go for lunch that is close by. Anyway, I was waiting for about 30 minutes before they took me back for the interview but I like to think that it went well and that they liked me. She said that she will give me a call at the end of the week to let me know what they decide. So here is hoping!

Mom and Dad came out on Saturday and they brought a lot of my stuff that I had to leave at home, it was just like Christmas! I finally have more books to read and my nightstand which will make it easier with the alarm clock and everything. They were tired and only stayed for about an hour before making their way down to Brittany and Clay's where they will be staying this week. On Sunday, they finally got to meet Jason and I think the meeting went well. Jason was really nervous before we got there but as soon as we got to the door I think he relaxed a bit. We ate dinner and watched the closing ceremony to the Olympics and played a game or two. All around it was a good day. I'll update more as the week progresses. Talk to you all later....

No comments: