Saturday, July 26, 2008

A Quick Update...

On Thursday night I went with Jason and his brother to the Rocky Mountain Revue. It's a basketball game by the rookies of the Utah Jazz playing other rookies of professional basketball teams. I haven't seen a professional basketball game in person before but it was awesome. It was an intense game versus the Atlanta Hawks and I'm amazed that the Utah Jazz actually won.

Yesterday afternoon Jason and I went to the theater down the street to reserve our seats for The Dark Night and we actually were able to see it on the IMAX screen which is amazing though it's a little hard to figure out which part you should focus on. At this particular theater they let you reserve your seats so after reserving our seats we headed over to Smith's to pick up breakfast...donuts. I have yet to find a good donut bakery out here other than Krispy Kreme but that's all the way down in Provo. It was a really good movie and pretty violent, Heath Ledger was pretty scary and very convincing as The Joker.

Do any of you remember playing laser tag as a child? You know the game where everyone gets a laser gun and you have to go around and try and shoot them with it...Well, I had the opportunity to do that last night at an actual laser tag course. It was a lot of fun even though I got shot at quite a bit and the guns actually record who you shot and who shot you and where and then they give you a printout afterwards telling you all of that information including your rank...I was ranked number 15 out of 22 which I guess isn't too horrible but I would have liked to have been ranked higher. I tried hiding in one area when it first started but no one came around that area so I started moving and that's when I got tagged...so I went up on the tower and tried shooting at the people down below or across from us and I think I did pretty well up there until I got hit in the back or the shoulders. Oh well, it was a lot of fun, it cost $7.50 for just 15 minutes of play time. After that we went to Coldstone Creamery for dessert and I really enjoy their Peant Butter Cup Perfection. It's basically Chocolate ice cream, peanut butter, fudge, and peanut butter cups and it's wonderful. I don't have anything else to add at the moment, I'm just trying to pass the time while I water the lawn. Anyway, I'll talk to you all later.

No comments: