Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A quick trip to California...

Well this past weekend was a lot of fun! Jason had 4 days off and we decided to go down to California to go to the beach and to see his family. We left early on Thursday morning..around 4:00am and drove down to Mira Loma, California which is just outside of Riverside. It was a nice ride and actually wasn't as long as I thought that it would be, we arrived there around 1pm and actually needed to fill up once in St. George. He drove me around the town before meeting with his family, and in Norco (which is just outside of Mira Loma) they don't have concrete sidewalks they have sidewalks for horses and stuff...and no street lamps either. His family was very nice and welcoming, I like to think that we got along pretty well and it's obvious they were pretty excited to have him there if only for a few days.

On Friday morning I got ready to go to the beach that morning but first we made our way to Huntington Beach to visit Jason's Grandparents and after visiting with them for awhile we took off to the actual beach. It was overcast outside but I still put on sunscreen everywhere I could remember and let's just say that Huntington Beach is definately a lot warmer than any of the beaches that I have ever been to in Oregon. It cost $10 just to park the car anywhere remotely close to the beach. We walked along the beach for awhile and then walked back to the car to get our stuff and then walked to a restaurant on the Pier called Ruby's (It's kind of like a 50's diner). I got their cookies & cream milkshake and they had pretty good hamburgers but their french fries were delicious. Jason got their Chocolate Peanut Butter Shake and I was surprised at how good that was. He then took me to Fashion Island which is a really nice mall in LA there, there were lots of fountains all over the place which was fun to watch the kids run around in. We then took off back to his house during Friday night 5 o'clock traffic, seriously it took us what seemed like forever to get home but it was a nice adventure. We picked up his brother and went to see "Get Smart" and it was then standing in line that I realized I had completely missed the back of my right leg and the back of my ankle when putting on sunscreen that morning. After the movie we went back to his house and found some Aloe which felt good. We then took off to come back to Utah by about 9:00 am, and again it was a long ride but it didn't seem that long, we arrived at 8 that night. On Sunday I must have been so tired because I didn't wake up until 11, I went to church and when Jason came over afterwards we made dinner together and then we took off down to Provo to have a game night with Brittany and Clay. We started off with Pit and that was fun but of course I lost every single time, it just seems to be the way things go down. After that we played Risk, Clay is really good at it and knows all of the rules and Jason had played it a few times and knew some of the rules but he picked it up a lot quicker than I did. I actually ended up winning the game but I still don't understand the rules. Well, I don't think I have anything else to add to this other than photos from my trip down to California, the pictures of Jason are basically him trying to catch a sand crab and stuff...and I couldn't help but take a few pictures of some Ferrari's along the road as we waited in traffic.

1 comment:

Jody Zimmer said...

hey who is this man your with. heather - you need to let me know about these things. well i hope your loving utah. and cali, i'm jealous. well remeber to come visit sometime. love ya.