Friday, June 20, 2008

Sunburns...you'd think I'd know better by now

I know that I haven't been that great on keeping everyone up to date on what is going on over here in Utah and that might because I haven't been up to a whole lot. The job search has kind of come to a halt as of late simply because I have been dating this great guy, Jason...and it's not so much that I don't want to find a job, it's just nice to be distracted every now and then and he is a great distraction. We actually met at the FHE activity a few weeks ago, he was one of the ones that we were playing football with and we kind of hit it off and he asked for my number and asked me out the next week. We have a lot in common which is fantastic. He took me to Lagoon last Friday which is the amusement park in Northern Utah and it was a lot of fun. I ended up going on all of the rides and everything regardless of my fear of heights, the only thing is that I did end up getting sunburned...pretty bad. Also, later that evening we sat down to eat on an empty bench and this family comes strolling by and one of their sons came over and stood next to me and I couldn't figure out what he was doing but all of a sudden I hear something pop and I had Mustard all over my left side. Let's just say that wasn't pleasant...mustard isn't that easy to get out of clothes. I looked at this boy and he looked back at me seeing all of the mustard and just said "Sorry" and ran off. His parents were mortified they just kept on handing us stacks and stacks of napkins. That was an interesting experience!
My arms and nose were burnt pretty bad but everything was fine, but on Saturday I went to the Farmer's Market in Salt Lake City with Eden and ended up getting burnt there too on my arms and neck this time...don't worry, I've learned my lesson to buy sunscreen SPF 50. We actully ended up taking TRAX which is kind of like a metro bus that picked us up at the parking lot across the way and then we rode that all the way to Salt Lake, it was just like being in Europe again...but everything was in English this time. At a Farmers market you would expect there to be a lot of produce and stuff but at this one I think we only ran across one booth that had produce everything else was fair food and crafts and jewelery. After walking around Pioneer Park we went to the Gateway Mall and they had sidewalk chalk drawings...or whatever you want to call them. I have to say that the people who can do that are simply amazing. A lot of them looked like they were in high school or something but it was still amazing.
Well, I don't have much else to report for now, I'll update more soon...

1 comment:

Jeff and aimie said...

Hey Heather! My road trip buddy, it sounds like you are having a great time in Utah. Aimie and I check up on your blog all the time. Its been too long, give me a call soon. And live it up!