Tuesday, April 8, 2008

MTV Cribs

I don't usually do blogs (except for when we were in Europe) but since everyone else is jumping on the band wagon I figured I might as well too. I wanted to be able to post pictures without having to weight down everyone's emails. So here goes...

Last Monday I took off to the land of Utah, not knowing what to expect. It was the longest drive I have ever done by myself and I don't think I want to do it again. I had to pump my own gas which was interesting. I had everything under control there until I got to Wendover and the thing wouldn't start for me. I actually had to go inside and tell the guy what pump I was on and it was freezing cold out there and I just had a sweatshirt on. I think I stood there for a good 10 minutes arguing with the credit card machine before I went inside. Luckily, we got it up and running and I didn't feel like that big of an idiot after that. That last stretch on the salt flats was the hardest because there is nothing for several miles and you tend to get a little sleepy...at least I did. I was doing everything I could to possibly stay awake. I turned my music up loud, I slapped my cheek a few times, I chewed gum...but nothing was helping. So once I pulled over to the rest stop I called family to know that I was tired and pulled over at a deserted rest stop...well deserted by all but truckers but they were on the other side of the median. It was then that I got a call from Eden who told me to just come to her sisters house in West Valley because it was much closer than Midvale and I wouldn't have to worry about unloading my stuff. So I took off and had people call me every 10 minutes to make sure that I was still awake. Let me tell you, it came in handy (Thanks guys). I was on my way to West Valley and talking to Kevin on the phone when all of a sudden I saw a pool of blood on the road which I tried to avoid but I don't think I was successful at...then all of a sudden there was a carcass of some kind lying in the middle of the road which I tried to avoid as well but I don't think I did very well at that either. Luckily my turn off came and I found my way to Eden's sisters house.

The next day was when I first saw the house that I will be living in for the next few months. It's quite large and it's pretty nice. These pictures were taken after living in it for a week so it looks pretty well lived in for now...

The first picture is the front of the house, as you can see my lovely car sitting there...It was kind of cold this morning and I was standing out there in my pajamas so I only took one picture of it so that no one would see me...


This is the little porch to the side, right now it just holds are trash cans...I think today is trash day but I'm not sure why we have to garbage cans and one recycling...Oh well...we haven't accumulated that much trash anyway.


And this is a picture of the living room taken from when you first enter the house. In the first picture there you can see the dining room as well


This is our kitchen looking towards the front door... and the one below is the kitchen looking from dining room. I had to take a picture of my kitchenaid there because it looks so pretty...

The door there to the right leads to the backyard...

At least it's green, I'm not sure if we are the ones that are supposed to mow it or what because I think I'd end of killing it...

Then we'll go down the hall off the left of the living room...down this hallway are the 1.5 baths and the other three bedrooms...I didn't take pictures of those because I figured that the girls wouldn't want me to plaster them all over the internet...

Then immediately to your right is the stairs that leads to the basement...

Once you come down these stairs, to your left is the bathroom and I really like that shower curtain... Target!

And to your left at the bottom of the stairs leads to the family room or living room...whatever you want to call it..

And yes, that is a lovesac which I have wanted forever! It belongs to one of my roommates, however, when I sat in it yesterday Eden promptly told me that she saw two spiders on it that morning so I jumped off rather quickly. It's a pretty big area, in the back under those lights we are wanting to put an air hockey table or a ping pong table...just something fun.. the next picture is looking from about the hallway to the TV.


And for some reason I didn't take a picture of the hallway but once you walk down it there is the laundry room to your right and a storage room to your left and then at the end of the hallway is Eden's room to the right and my room to the left, so here is a picture of my room...


So there you have it, a complete walkthrough of the new house, I feel like I'm on MTV Cribs or something...Anyway I better get on the job search so I don't just keep on spending money. I'll keep you updated...talk to you later...

2 comments:

B said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terra said...

hope all goes well for you in Provo. It should be lots of fun