Tuesday, February 1, 2011

D-day!

Today is our official due date and we still don't have our little guy to hold yet. I went to an Indian restaurant last week hoping maybe the spices might help induce labor but I could only eat a few bites of that before I felt a little sick. I've walked around quite a bit hoping to induce labor as well but so far that hasn't helped. When we went in for our doctors appointment yesterday Dr. Langer said that I'm still a tight 2cm dilated and 80% effaced, which was disappointing to hear. So with that in mind she'd like to induce me by this Friday evening, our appointment is at 8:30pm and then they will break my water in the morning to get the contractions starting. I'm excited knowing that there is an end in sight but I think that also makes me more nervous just because once we go in there is no turning around (not that we would want to). Another plus to having this scheduled is I know that Jason will be there rather than worrying about him missing it while he is at school or work. The doctor said to bring lots of stuff to keep us occupied so we'll be packing a bigger bag than what we have already, any ideas on what we should bring?

Also in other news, last Friday was my last day of work until my maternity leave is over and I have to make a decision on whether or not I want to go back. The person that I was training was only there 6 days out of the 10 that she was supposed to be so we'll see how much she actually picked up on. I'm sure I'll hear something from someone about it over there. I'm just excited to be able to spend this time with Jason and soon we'll add Braydon into the mix. We'll keep you all posted...

1 comment:

The Magalogo Family said...

Can't wait! Good luck chica!